Connecting with Smiles Relay
Participate in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic
Torch Relay by posting photos and
videos of your smiling face!
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch RelaySmile Movie Relay
on the road!
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch RelaySmile Photo Relay
over social media!
Share your movie!
This contest was over on
March 25, 2020.
Than you for many entries and smiles.
focused on the runners. The “2020 NTT Trailer” will be at those parades, equipped with large-screen LED panels.
We are currently looking for videos of your smiles to project using those LED panels.
Two plans to choose from
Post your video full of smiles and you
could win some fantastic prizes!*Only one prize can be
selected from each plan.
Let's support a spectacular
Tokyo 2020! Plan
◎3 winners: Galaxy S10+ (Olympic Games Edition) SC-05L [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.] *NTT Docomo limited edition model
Includes “Galaxy Buds”, wireless earphones for the limited-edition Olympics model. Always On Display is also a part of the Olympics model specifications.
◎17 winners: Japanese wagyu beef gift catalog, 10,000 yen course
A catalog for meat lovers featuring Japanese black beef selected from all throughout the country.
Let's go and support the
Tokyo 2020! Plan
◎10 tickets (5 pairs, 10 people): Tickets to see the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games in person
A pair of tickets for seeing the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Schedule, event, and seats cannot be selected. Winner will be responsible for any additional expenses, including transportation to the venue.
◎17 people: Visa 10,000 yen gift card
A gift card that can be used for everyday purchases at convenience stores, supermarkets, restaurants, etc., as well as for more expensive purchases at electronics stores, for trips, online stores, and more.
How to participate
How to participate
Share your photo!
This contest was over on
February 29, 2020.
Than you for many entries and smiles.
Click here and see some of the
photos which are posted.
Connecting smiles over social media!
Follow the NTT official account and post
on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags
#HopeLightsOurWay and #TEAMNTT
How to participate
How to participate
50 winners will be chosen after a careful screening.
The winners will receive a DM from @NTTPR (Twitter) or
@nttgroup_official (Instagram) after the contest period has ended.
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay!Here are many smiles!
View posts here.
Smile Photo Relay
[Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay #HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest]
*Please read the following terms and conditions before posting. By entering this campaign, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT, hereinafter, “We”), together with the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (hereinafter, “Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee”) and the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay Presenting Partners; Coca-Cola Japan, Toyota Motor Corporation, Nippon Life, and NTT (hereinafter, “each Presenting Partner”), will hold the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay #HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest (hereinafter “the Campaign”) using Twitter and/or Instagram.
We will be giving away NTT original Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay tote bag to 50 winners chosen by us who post a photo using the Campaign hashtags #HopeLightsOurWay and #TEAMNTT.
From Tuesday, December 17, 2019 (starting from 15:00) to Saturday, February 29, 2020 (closes at 23:59)
NTT original Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay tote bag will be given to 50 winners.
[Conditions for entering the Campaign]
The entrant must have a personal Twitter or Instagram account.
- ・The entrant must be following our official account @NTTPR or @nttgroup_official on Twitter or Instagram.
- ・The entrant must post a photo on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #HopeLightsOurWay and #TEAMNTT within the Campaign period.
- ・The entrant must own all rights to the image submitted to the Campaign. No copyrighted images may be used.
- ・The winner must be an individual and a resident of Japan.
- ・Posting of images can be done using the web from a personal computer and/or a smartphone.
- ・The winners will be chosen via screening and will be directly notified after the campaign has ended. These notifications will serve as the announcement of the winners.
- ・Each winner can win the prize only once.
- ・The right to collect the prize is non-transferrable. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- ・The winner will be asked to register their personal information, such as their address, after receiving a notification via DM on Twitter or Instagram to the social media account from which the image for the Campaign was posted.
[Announcement of the Winners]
Winners will be notified via DM on Twitter and/or Instagram from our official accounts, @NTTPR or @nttgroup_official, respectively.
After the required information is registered by the winner, their prize will be sent out. Notification of selection results is scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- ■By entering the Campaign, the entrant agrees to the use of the image posted for the Campaign in our official Campaign site, the official website of the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, and in promotional material for the Torch Relay, such as on social media, websites, posters, and pamphlets.
- ■If the winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner. In such cases, no prize will be awarded or sent out.
- ■Images posted for the Campaign must be taken in Japan. Images taken overseas will not be eligible.
- ■Prizes will only be sent to an address in Japan and only to the winner him/herself.
- ■Prizes are non-exchangeable and cannot be returned for arbitrary reasons.
- ■If the image posted for the Campaign includes an image or intellectual property of someone other than the entrant, the entrant must certify and guarantee the submitted image does not violate the rights of any third party or copyright.
- ■We may invalidate an entry if any of the following are confirmed on the entrant’s Twitter or Instagram account after entry to the Campaign.
- ・The account unfollows our official account @NTTPR and/or @nttgroup_official.
- ・The image posted for the Campaign is deleted from the account.
- ・The account name on Twitter or Instagram is changed.
- ・The account is changed to a private account.
- ・The account is deleted from Twitter or Instagram.
- ・Images posted to the account prior to the Campaign are deemed inappropriate by the Campaign office or Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee.
- ・The account is deemed inappropriate by the Campaign office or Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee.
- ■By entering the Campaign, the entrant agrees to the use of the image(s) posted for the Campaign in newspaper and magazine advertisements, Internet content, and social media or visual images created by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT).
- ■We will not respond to inquiries regarding the result of screenings for the winners via telephone, etc.
Those who wish to enter (hereinafter, “the Entrant”) the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay #HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest (hereinafter, “the Campaign”) should read the following information prior to posting images for the Campaign. By entering the Campaign, the Entrant agrees to the rules of the Campaign hosted by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT).
- ・Multiple entries from the same Entrant is allowed.
- ・Depending on the status of data communication, the type of device used by the Entrant, etc., posting of images may not be possible.
- ・Any costs relating to posting images for the Campaign, such as data transfer fees, will be borne by the Entrant.
- ・The Entrant must ensure that he/she has all the rights to the image(s) posted for the Campaign and that no image infringes any rights regarding copyright, privacy, use of another’s likeness, etc.
- ・We will not provide any response to inquiries regarding the selection of the winners.
- ・By posting, the Entrant gives their assurance to Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) that he/she has the power and authority to post the images and that no posted data shall infringe upon any other proprietary right of a third party.
The following actions are prohibited in entering the Campaign. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) has the right to remove or delete the image should any of the following apply to the Entrant’s actions:
- ※The Entrant violates the rules of the Campaign or disrupts the operation of the Campaign.
- ※The Entrant disturbs, causes damage to, or offends others.
- ※The Entrant criticizes or defames others.
- ※The Entrant violates copyright or the intellectual property rights of others.
- ※The Entrant violates the property or privacy rights of others, or does not have permission to use another’s likeness.
- ※The Entrant posts images containing obscenities, child pornography, or sexual exploitation.
- ※The Entrant provides information for commercial purposes or advertisements, or is engaged in promotional activities.
- ※The Entrant violates public order or morality.
- ※The Entrant is engaged in actions deemed inappropriate for the Campaign by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT).
- ※The Entrant is engaged in actions deemed vicious or improper by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT).
- ※The Entrant is engaged in any act similar to above mentioned behavior.
Disclaimer of Liability and Others
We do not guarantee that all information for the Campaign will be complete, accurate, secure, or useful.
By entering the Campaign, the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) from any damages that may occur due to the following:
Any malfunction of hardware or software, or any emergency situation caused by fire, blackout, unavailability, or inaccessibility of any data transmissions, earthquakes or catastrophes at the time of entering the Campaign;
Regular or emergency system maintenance work for the Campaign;
Any disputes between Entrants or between the Entrant and a third party arising from or connected with the Campaign;
Disruption or delays due to interference or manipulation of information or service of the Campaign by third parties;
Unavailability or inaccessibility in any part of the information of the Campaign due to the Entrant posting the images from any environment outside of our recommendations;
Transmission failures or deficiency of information regarding the Campaign without intent or gross negligence.
By entering the Campaign, the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) from any liability or loss that may occur, either directly or indirectly.
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or amend the whole or any part of the Campaign, as well as these terms and conditions, without notice. In such cases, we may take appropriate actions to secure the operation of the Campaign.
Any costs relating to the posting of images for the Campaign, such as connectivity or data transfer fees, will be borne by the Entrant.
As a condition for participating in the Campaign, the Entrant agrees that any and all disputes between the Entrant and a third party shall be resolved individually, with no liability to NTT or the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee.
If NTT or the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee conclude that the Entrant has violated the terms and conditions of the Campaign, or as NTT or the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee deem necessary, the Entrant’s account may be blocked or other necessary actions may be taken. Neither NTT nor the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee shall be responsible for any indemnification for any damages caused by the closing of the Entrant’s account or any actions taken by NTT or the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee.
Even in the event of NTT or the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee having liability in accordance with laws, the maximum amount of damages payable by NTT and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee shall be no more than what the Entrant bore in terms of data transmission fees in entering the Campaign.
The Entrant agrees that all matters relating to the Campaign will be governed by the laws of Japan, and that the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes related to the Campaign.
Handling of Personal Information
- We will use the personal information submitted by the Entrant only for the purposes of carrying out this campaign and introducing initiatives for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. We are fully aware of the significance of personal information and it will be managed appropriately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law and other related laws and regulations. We will take the necessary measures in terms of personal data administration to prevent leakage and loss, including data storage, unauthorized access both internally and externally, and removal of storage devices. The images and personal information submitted by the Entrant will be stored in the above-mentioned environment until December 31, 2020, upon which they will be destroyed responsibly.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) may outsource the personal information related to the applications collected, though it will only be for the purposes of carrying out this campaign and introducing initiatives for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games being carried out by NTT.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) shall take the necessary and appropriate measures with regard to the processing of personal information related to the applications collected to prevent any leaks and ensure the safe management of that and all other personal information. Except when there is legitimate reasoning based on laws and regulations, NTT will not use the data for any purposes other than those intended, nor will it be provided to a third party (excluding outsourcing contractors) without your consent.
- Items not stipulated in these rules will be handled in accordance with our own Policy on Protecting Personal Information, established separately by NTT.
Policy on Protecting the Personal Information of Customers https://www.ntt.co.jp/kojinjo/e/index.html
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relayinfo_smiles@2020.ntt
Minnano Seika Relay Photo Contest NTT office
※Please allow us time to respond to inquiries.
#HopeLightsOurWay Photo Contest