Connect, Be Connected: Connecting smiles
*Picture is an image.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay
is visiting every corner of Japan!
The NTT 2020 Trailer will travel around Japan
carrying all your smiling faces!
The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay
is visiting every corner of Japan!
The NTT 2020 Trailer will travel
around Japan carrying all
your smiling faces!
This month’s SMILES
Support the Tokyo 2020 Olympic torchbearer by posting a photograph/video of your smiling face on SNS!
Apart, but connected—
Let’s all come together as one through
Support the Tokyo 2020 Olympic torchbearer by posting a photograph/video of your smiling face on SNS! Encourage Japan.
Supporting Torchbearers Remotely
CONNECTING WITH SMILES PROJECT
Together with the torchbearers, the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay will traverse the length and breadth of Japan for a period of 121 days, visiting charming locations in each region.
NTT will be conducting the “CONNECTING WITH SMILES” project for the duration of the Torch Relay, enabling well-wishers, including the people who are not possible to cheer them on from the roadside, to send their support to the approximately 10,000 torchbearers relaying the torch hand-to-hand across the country.
Videos, photos, and messages about supporting for torchbearers that are posted on social medias will be displayed on large-screen LED panels mounted on a “NTT 2020 Trailer”—a vehicle providing torchbearer support—to cheer on the torchbearers as they traverse each region.
Introducing everyone's smiles
Introducing selected posts.
*Please note that not all videos of “SMILE” project or posted videos/photographs will be shown.
Participation is open to everyone.
How to participate
Add hashtags when you post your video/photograph!
Mimic each other
with a smile!
The cutest smile!
If you add the hashtag #Prefecture to your post, your video/photograph of your smiles and exerts of your message will be shown on the NTT 2020 Trailer’s large-screen LED panels during the Olympic Torch Relay!
*Please understand that we cannot respond to inquiries regarding the screening of videos, photographs, or messages.
SMILES PROJECT Entry Guidelines
NTT Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay
CONNECTING WITH SMILES PROJECT
This project is seeking words of encouragement for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay and videos and photos of your smiling faces and your messages to send to torch runners. Messages sent by Twitter and Instagram and submitted to the project will be screened and selected by the NTT Tokyo 2020 Torch Relay Secretariat and then displayed on the giant LED Vision screen on the NTT 2020 Trailer and posted to the special NTT Tokyo 2020 Torch Relay website (https://2020.ntt/) to support participants in the relay.
Terms of participation
Those participating ("Participants" hereinafter) in the CONNECTING WITH SMILES Project ("Project" hereinafter) conducted by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) are requested to read closely and consent to the following notes and other information before participating.
[ Dates ]
15:00 pm Monday, March 22 - 11:59 pm Friday, July 23, 2021 (holiday)
[ Eligible persons ]
Anybody may participate (after consenting to the terms of participation and notes)
[ How to participate ]
- 1. Follow the official NTT Twitter account (@NTTPR) or Instagram account (@nttgroup_official)
- 2. Take a video or photo of your smiling face
- 3. Post it to your own account with the designated hashtags (#TEAMNTT #SMILE #Prefecture)
[ Note on posts ]
Please be careful not to take videos or photos shown specific brands, company names, logos, etc.
- ・By entering the Campaign, the entrant agrees to the use of the image posted for the Campaign in our official Campaign site, the official website of the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee, and in promotional material for the Torch Relay, such as on social media, websites, posters, and pamphlets.
- ・ You must have your own Twitter or Instagram account to participate.
- ・During the above dates, post to Twitter or Instagram a video or photo and message with the shared hashtags #TEAMNTT #SMILE #Prefecture (the prefecture where you live or a prefecture you would like to support).
- ・Each participant may contribute as many posts as he or she wishes.
- ・Participants must bear all telecommunications charges and other costs incurred when posting.
- ・Participants must possess copyright and all other rights to the works posted, and they must not infringe on the copyright, rights of likeness, privacy, or other rights of any third parties.
- ・No response will be made to any inquiries concerning screening of posted works.
- ・Note that when announcing the SMILE of the Month, some omissions, modifications, or revisions may be made to an extent that would not alter the intent of the visual composition at the time of posting.
- ・Note that posts may be invalidated if they are recognized to have been made by any of the following accounts or to have been modified, reconfigured, etc. after posting.
- ・Accounts that have stopped following the designated official accounts
- ・Twitter or Instagram accounts for which the account name has been changed
- ・Twitter or Instagram accounts that have been set to private
- ・Accounts that have been withdrawn from Twitter or Instagram
- ・Participants shall express and warranty to Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) that they have the legal right to post the posted data themselves and that the posted data do not infringe on any rights of a third party.
- ・By entering the Campaign, the entrant agrees to the use of the image(s) posted for the Campaign in newspaper and magazine advertisements, Internet content, and social media or visual images created by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT).
- ・We will not respond to inquiries regarding the result of screenings for the winners via telephone, etc.
The following acts are prohibited when posting to the Project.
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) may take actions such as refusing to display posted data or removing it if the participant has been determined to have committed any of the following acts:
- * Acts in violation of these Terms or impeding the operation of the Project
- * Acts causing inconvenience, disadvantage, harm, or discomfort to others
- * Acts slanderous or libelous, or detrimental to the good name of or trust in, others
- * Acts infringing on the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others
- * Acts infringing on the property privacy, or likeness rights of others
- * Acts of posting data encouraging obscenity, child pornography, or sexual abuse of children
- * Acts of providing information for commercial purposes or of advertising, promotion, or solicitation
- * Acts counter to public order and decency
- * Acts judged by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) not to conform to the intents of the Project
- * Acts judged by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) to be malicious or inappropriate
- * Other acts similar to those enumerated above
While the Project is managed with the utmost of care, no warranty is made regarding the completeness, accuracy, safety, usefulness, etc., of information provided or any other matters related to the Project. In addition, NTT will not be liable for any damages to Participants themselves or to third parties, including the following cases.
Software or hardware failure, fire, power failure, worsening of the telecommunications environment, earthquakes, disasters, or other emergencies arising during participation in the Project
Periodic or emergency computer system maintenance during the project
Any disputes or other difficulties arising among users or between users and third parties
Service interruptions or delays, or any defects, arising due to causes such as service impediments or alteration of information by any third party affecting the Project
Inability to obtain information in full due to participation in the Project from other than NTT's recommended environment
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) shall not bear any liability for any problems, damages, etc. (whether direct or indirect) suffered by a Participant as a result of participation in the Project.
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) may discontinue the Project (in whole or in part) without any prior notice to Participants. It also may, as it deems necessary, modify these Terms without any prior notice to Participants or take other measures as necessary to ensure the appropriate operation of the Project.
Participants shall bear any Internet connection charges and telecommunications costs incurred when participating in the Project.
Handling of personal information
Personal information concerning Participants collected by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) during their participation in the Project shall be used solely for the purposes of introducing the initiatives of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay conducted by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT). Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) recognizes the importance of personal information and will handle such information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws, regulations, etc. In addition, in managing personal information Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) implements security measures such as control of storage locations, access restrictions, restrictions on removal, and prevention of unauthorized external access, to prevent incidents such as leakage or loss of personal information. Works submitted and personal information related to participation will be retained through December 31, 2021 in an environment in which the measures above have been taken and will be deleted responsibly by that date.
Personal information related to participation collected by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) may be provided to subcontractors solely for the purposes of implementing the Project and introducing the initiatives of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Torch Relay conducted by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT).
Personal information related to participation collected by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) will be managed through necessary and appropriate measures to prevent cases release and leakage of personal information and otherwise maintain the security of personal information. It will not be used for other purposes or provided to third parties (not including subcontractors) without the consent of the individuals concerned, except when there are reasonable grounds for doing so under laws, regulations, etc.