Head for the world stage! NTT Athletes
- Date of Birth:
- January 18, 1992
- My Favorites:
I took up triathlon at the age of 9 years at my mother’s suggestion. As a 2013 Youth Olympic Gold Medalist, I was the final presenter in Tokyo’s bid presentation for the 2020 Olympic/Paralympic Games. At the 2016 Rio Olympics, I placed 15th, the highest-placed Japanese athlete in the triathlon event. Currently I am competing in various competitions with my training based in Yamanashi.
Goals for this season
Aiming for a top ranking in the [ITU Triathlon World Cup] Series , while also striving to become No. 1 in the NTT Triathlon Japan Ranking and win the Triathlon National Championships for the second year in a row.
- 23rd Triathlon National Championships (Daiba, Tokyo): 1st Place
- Rio Olympic Games: 15th Place
- ITU Triathlon World Cup (Tongyeong): 1st Place
- 17th Asian Games (Incheon) Mixed Relay: 1st Place
- 1st Youth Olympic Games (Singapore): 1st Place
- Our Athlete Our rivals may be improving, but we will also continue to improve. Yuma YAMAZAKI and Sarina SATOMI
- Our Athlete I want to contribute to rugby, making it even more exciting Tasuku KAWAHARA (Rugby referee) (NTT Communications)
- Supporters Talk Delivering inspiration in 2020 through communications services utilizing new ideas Rika HIRAKI (NTT Communications)
- Our Athlete I want to popularize rugby sevens in Japan through 2020 Kazushi HANO (Rugby) (NTT Communications)